Summer Internships 2020
International Medical Health Organization (IMHO) Canada is currently seeking dynamic candidates to fill 3 internship positions. These are paid positions supported by the Canada Summer Jobs Program.
Due to the COVID19 pandemic, the work activities of these positions have been modified.
Successful candidates will be asked to work from home, and collaborate with other candidates and the Board of Directors via Zoom, Google Drive and other collaboration tools.
The deadline for applications is 5:00pm Toronto time on Wednesday June 3, 2020. Applications submitted after the deadline will not be selected for recruitment. The first round of interviews will be conducted starting on Saturday June 6. All interviews will be completed on a secure connection via telephone or zoom.
- Between 17 and 30 years of age at the start of employment
- Is a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident or Refugee as conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Available to work 30-35 hours/week between June 1 and August 28
- Proficient in English, excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Written skills in the French language would be an asset
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Practical knowledge of desktop applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc
- Familiarity with collaborative or social media tools such as Google Drive, Zoom, Linked In, etc
- Able to work independently to manage assigned roles and responsibilities
- Able to work with other volunteers to complete tasks and activities
- Able to contribute to a positive team environment
- Passionate about community engagement, global health and/or international development
International Medical Health Organization (IMHO) Canada is a charitable, humanitarian, non-political, non-partisan organization that aims to relieve poverty and address health care gaps in under-served regions of the world.
IMHO Canada Charitable Registration # 84419 1494 RR0001
IMHO Canada | 5633 Finch Avenue East, Unit 7 | Toronto, ON, Canada M1B 5K9